[Mind Blank]

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

A Mural

Just posting a few photos of my latest bit of art work. I got asked to partake in painting a mural in an underpass. The Victoria Park Council wanted the mural to be about "Road Safety" and David won the tender to actually work on the mural. So David asked a few committee's and groups around Vic Park to help out in painting the mural. Well my Church is in Vic Park so they called us up and I said I would help him out. So thats the story... Its in an underpass next to Albany Highway. Close to the skate park and river. It took me two Saturday's to get it finished.


Okies so this was somewhere towards the start of my mural. I drew it up and then started the outline around the mural. David (the guy whose actually running the mural) was doing the road up behind for me.








I like working realistically, so I worked from the photo I'd taken of a lollipop man. I went around taking so many photos of lollipop people! This guy had the most character in his face but. I loved painting in his face and putting all the detail in later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home