[Mind Blank]

Friday, June 15, 2007

Painting and Prints

Just posting a whole heaps of photos of some of my works of art at uni. I've finished all my reviews and essay for the semester! So now I can sit back, relax, post and start on some of my commissions. Finally.


This is a much better pic of the busker in Melbourne. This pics above my bedroom door now. It'll get repositioned in my room somewhere after we paint and decorate but uh, that won't happen for awhile. But it looks good where it is! I had a lot of nice comments about it from fellow uni mates, so yeah.


Its my little James! I did quite a few prints of James at uni in my printmaking class. Just played around with the inks and different surfaces with a few others. What ya do with prints is that you get a sheet of metal and cover it in thick black tar. When its dry, you carve outan image on the sheet of metal with a pointy tool then put it in acid. The acid erodes the exposed metal and makes an indent in the metal. You wash off the acid and tar, put painty ink over the plate and then press it to paper in one of those machines. Pretty cool process. You don't know how it'll turn out.


Now this was something that I'd been working on for awhile. The first half of semester I didn't know what to do. Had no ideas at all. It all just started happening the second half of semester. Three of the paintings are of Jane (One of them is unfinished) and the others are of models. I know theres a nude in there. But its an artist thing. I was trying to point out the fact that when you look at all those modelling photos, advertisments, etc, they all look so very unnatural! Even when I took pics of Jane in her room, her expressions weren't natural at all. It was like "Are you done now? This is taking a long time. Are you finished taking pics of me in my room?" Especially the nude painting of that model. Who wakes up in the morning and stretches sexily like that? lol definately not me. I have messy hair everywhere, puffy eyes and lips, morning breath, the works! lol. Wow, I'm a mere mortal.


Just a pic of my painting review. I think it went really well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home